Invoice Approval Requests can be be sent automatically based on various invoice attributes such as the Vendor, Location, or Class*.
To setup automated rules for other dimensions such as Class, Department, etc., go to:
- SETTINGS -> Company Profile -> Invoice Approval Rules (tab).
- Click “Add New Approval Rule”
- select the dimension type (e.g, Vendor, Location, etc)
- Search for the specific vendor, location, etc. you would like to create the rule for
- Enter the invoice approver's email address in the subsequent prompt
1. Click on add New Rule
2. Select the attribute you want to search by:
3. Enter in the name of Vendor, Location, Department, or Class (if you are using NetSuite):
4. Enter the email address of the Invoice in the appropriate tier:
5. Click Save.
Default Invoice Approval requests can go out to the approver when the invoice record is created, or when the invoice is first Reviewed/Saved by an Accounting Manager.
If you have a preference, you can request support update this configuration.
*the attributes available depend on the accounting package you use.
Related: How to Setup Invoice Approvers