Audience: Accounting Manager
Summary: Reviews how to apply credits in Great Plains so that they be applied in MineralTree. You cannot directly apply credits in MineralTree; it has to be done in your accounting package.
How to apply credits in GP
1. Make sure an open invoice is created (posted through a payables batch from MineralTree.)
2. Create Credit Memo by clicking on Purchasing > Transaction Entry.
3. On the Payables Transaction Entry screen, complete the following:
- Choose Document Type: "Credit Memo"
- Choose Vendor ID
- Enter Document Number
- Enter amount of credit
- Click Post
(See completed example below.)
4. To apply the credit to an open invoice, click on Purchasing > Apply Payables Documents
5. On Apply Payables Documents screen complete the following:
- Choose the Vendor ID
- Choose Document Type: Credit Memo
- Click the magnifying glass for Document No.
6. A list of available credits will appear. Highlight the credit you want to apply and click Select.
You will be brought back to the Apply Payables Documents screen. The list of open invoices will appear at the bottom.
7. Check the box next to the invoice you would like to apply the credit to. You can also change the amount you want to apply by adjusting the $ total on the right.
See example below. In this case, $45.00 credit is being applied to a $100.00 invoice. When done, click OK in the upper left corner.
8. On the Payables Transactions by Vendor screen, you will now see the amount on this invoice reduced. The credits will show as HIST status, which means they have been fully applied.
The change to the balance of the bill will sync to MineralTree within a few minutes. The remaining balance can be paid in MineralTree on the Invoices tab after the change has synced. Information about the credit(s) applied to bills will be included on the remittance for the payment.