Audience: ERP Admin
Summary: This article explains how remove the QuickBooks Desktop authorization for the MineralTree connector. This can be necessary if the Connector is displaying the message "Unable to open QuickBooks file." Once removed, you'll need to reauthorize the MineralTree QuickBooks Desktop connector to work with your QuickBooks Company file.
Remove QuickBooks Desktop connector
- Exit the MineralTree Connector
- Right click on the Task Bar icon and select Exit
- Open Quickbooks as an Admin in Single User Mode
- From the command bar select Edit then Preferences
- From the Preferences window select Integrated Applications (on the right)
- Click the Company Preferences tab
- Locate the MineralTree Connector application
- Click Remove
- Close the Preferences window
- Restart the MineralTree Connector
- Quickbooks should now prompt you to re-authorize the Connector
- From the Quickbooks Application Certificatee
- Select - Yes, whenever the Quickbooks company file is open
- Check - Allow this application to….
- Click Continue then Done
Reauthorize QuickBooks Desktop connector
- Login to QuickBooks as an Admin in Single User Mode
- Launch the MineralTree Connector (most likely shortcut on your desktop)
- The QuickBooks Application will pop up with the below Certificate screen select the below options and then click Continue...:
- Select “Yes whenever the QuickBooks company file is open” (4th option).
- Select "Login as: Admin"
- Check “Allow the application to access personal data…”
4. Select Done and/or Complete on the next pop-up.
5. Confirm those same options in step 3 on the next window.
6. Switch QuickBooks back to Multi-user mode
7. Enter the token. When the connector asks you for a Token, you can get it in the MineralTree website by navigating to Company Profile by clicking your initials on the top right of the navigation bar. From here select "Get New Key"
8. The connector should then say "Synchronizing with Quickbooks."NOTE: It will say "Connected to Server" when the sync is complete.