Audience: ERP Admin & Accounting Manager
Summary: This article explains how remove the QuickBooks Desktop authorization for the MineralTree connector. This can be necessary if the Connector is displaying the message "Unable to open QuickBooks file." Once removed, you'll need to reauthorize the MineralTree QuickBooks Desktop connector to work with your QuickBooks Company file.
Remove QuickBooks Desktop connector
- Exit the MineralTree Connector
- Right click on the Task Bar icon and select Exit
- Open Quickbooks as an Admin in Single User Mode
- From the command bar select Edit then Preferences
- From the Preferences window select Integrated Applications (on the right)
- Click the Company Preferences tab
- Locate the MineralTree Connector application
- Click Remove
- Close the Preferences window
- Restart the MineralTree Connector
- Quickbooks should now prompt you to re-authorize the Connector
- From the Quickbooks Application Certificate
- Select - Yes, whenever the Quickbooks company file is open
- Check - Allow this application to….
- Click Continue then Done
Reauthorize QuickBooks Desktop Connector
Reauthorizing the Connector consists of generating a certificate which authorizes MineralTree to access QuickBooks data and generating a unique Token Key for each company file.
Generating a Certificate
- Exit out of the MineralTree Connector
- Login to QuickBooks as an Admin in Single User Mode
- Launch the MineralTree Connector (most likely shortcut on your desktop)
- The QuickBooks Application will pop up with the below Certificate screen select the below options and then click Continue...:
- Select “Yes whenever the QuickBooks company file is open” (4th option).
- Select "Login as: Admin"
- Check “Allow the application to access personal data…”
- Select Done and/or Complete on the next pop-up.
- Confirm those same options in step 3 on the next window.
- Switch QuickBooks back to Multi-user mode
Unique Token Key
- Generate a token by logging into MineralTree and navigating to Company Profile by clicking your initials on the top right of the navigation bar. From here select "Get New Key"
- When the Connector asks you for a Token enter the appropriate token.
- The Connector should then say "Synchronizing with Quickbooks."NOTE: It will say "Connected to Server" when the sync is complete.
Note: If you have multiple company files, the reauthorization process must be completed for each in single-user mode. You must enter a new token into QuickBooks for each company file. Log into one company file at a time.