Audience: Accounting Manager
Summary: Reviews how to apply credits in QuickBooks Online so that they be applied in MineralTree. You cannot directly apply credits in MineralTree; it has to be done in your accounting package.
How to apply credits in QBO
1. Click on + > Bill to create a bill.
2. Enter bill details and save.
3. Click on + > Vendor Credit to create a credit.
4. Enter Credit details and save.
5. Click on + > Pay Bills.
6. Filter by specific Vendor and Date Range to find bill.
7. Click the check box to the left of the bill to which you would like to apply the credit. The credit should apply automatically. Make sure you change the "Payment" to $0. You will be making the actual payment in MineralTree. Confirm the information is correct, then click Save.
8. The bill should now show a reduced balance in QuickBooks.
The change to the balance of the bill will sync to MineralTree within a few minutes. The remaining balance can be paid in MineralTree on the Invoices tab after the change has synced. Information about the credit(s) applied to bills will be included on the remittance for the payment.
Note: Credits need to be applied before you move the invoices to the Selected Payments queue.