Audience: Accounting Manager
Summary: Reviews how to submit a payment in MineralTree along with the various payment methods available and what they are.
This article covers:
- Types of payments processed through MineralTree
- Types of manual payments processed through MineralTree
- How to submit a payment through MineralTree
- Additional step for manual check payments
Types of payments processed through MineralTree
Check. A check issued through MineralTree and cut on your behalf using your company signature and information. Checks are cut the morning after payments are submitted and approved through MineralTree.
ACH. ACH is a debit from your bank account.
Credit Card. Credit card is a secure tokenized, one-time use payment sent to your vendor.
Types of manual payments tracked through MineralTree
MineralTree allows users to manually mark invoices as paid. This is useful if invoices were already paid outside of MineralTree or your Accounting package. Manual payments use the same steps and approval workflow as standard payments, though MineralTree does not send manual payments out.
Manual check. Manual check is a physical check that you cut outside of the MineralTree application. (e.g. you need to pay your landscaper, and you use your physical checkbook)
Manual credit card. Manual credit card is a physical credit card that you used to buy something outside of MineralTree. (e.g. you bought band-aids for the office at your local drug store)
Biller Portal. Biller portal indicates that you made a payment through an online portal perhaps using your bank account through an ACH payment. (e.g. you paid your utility bill online with your bank account)
How to submit a payment
1. Add the invoices you'd like to manually pay to the Payments Queue by checking them in the Invoices tab and clicking the green arrow.
Confirm the Payment once the invoice(s) are in the queue.
Select one of the available payment types, and click Submit Payment.
Additional step for manual check payments
Once a manual payment has been submitted, approved, and processed there is a final step before it will sync to the accounting package:
- Go to the Payments tab locate the manual payment.
- Click on the amount to open the Payment Details dialog.
- Enter the Check Number and click Mark as Paid (bottom right). Note: for Biller Portal and Manual Card payments you do not need to provide a check #.