The following payment statuses appear in the application at different phases of the approval process.
Paid – the payment has been approved and submitted to the vendor.
In Process Statuses:
- Awaiting Approval – this payment is awaiting authorization from one or more payment approvers.
- On Hold – this payment has been moved to a separate "on hold" bucket in the payment authorization application. This payment doesn't require any additional input from an accounting manager prior to approval.
- Rejected – this payment has been rejected by the payment authorizer and requires correction and resubmission by the accounting manager before it can be paid.
- Failed – this payment has failed for one of two reasons.
1) there was an error with this payment and it couldn’t be processed by the bank, or
2) some important bill or vendor information was changed that affected this payment, and as a control mechanism, this payment failed and needs to be resubmitted from the Accounting Manager application
- Recalled – This payment has been recalled from the payment authorizer application by the accounting manager. The payment must be resubmitted for approval.
- Scheduled – this payment has been approved, and will be processed at the appropriate payment cut-off time.
Voided – this payment had been in a "paid" state, but was subsequently voided. Additional steps may be required in order to fully cancel the payment (e.g. request a stop payment from your bank).